The History of Lake Tomahawk Bible Church
LTBC began in the late 1950s with Pastor Derold Hickox and were held in what is today the American Legion Building. W.W. Burlingame deeded ¾ of an acre of land to LTBC on November 5th, 1958 with the stipulation that the basement would be finished within the first year. The basement was built, and services were held there while the work on the building continued and was completed in the mid-’60s
. In the 1970’s Crescent Lake Bible Camp worked with LTBC to spread the Gospel in camp ministry.
Pastor Derold Hickox with his wife Gayle served from the late 1950s through the early 1980s. With other men such as Ted Johnson, Myron Macone and our very own Bill Hansen who still worships with us today.
From the early ’80s until 1999 various men held a position as Pastor at LTBC.
In 1999 Pastor Gregg Guthrie and his wife Kay came to serve the church where very few attended. With the help of those still in the church, much work was done on the Constitution and Bylaws. As Gregg preached Jesus, the church began to see new growth.
In 2007 Pastor Marcus Guthrie (Gregg’s son) and his wife Chelle began serving LTBC. The church through the Holy Spirit and Marcus’s teaching we began to grow to the point that the need for a new church building was evident to better continue the work of the Lord here at LTBC. Pastor Marcus served faithfully until 2019.
Today we have our Interim Pastor Peter Kolb, we are in the midst of planning to build a new building just south of Lake Tomahawk, looking for our new Pastor, and still boldly proclaiming to all that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lord’s and King of King’s!